ROBIN HOOD'S HIDEAWAY

On April 15, 2008 we closed on a 1955 Mid-Century Modern home in Merriam, KS that was custom designed by the late Donald R. Hollis of Hollis + Miller Architects. We will be sharing our journey as we update the house to make it our own, while trying to stay as close to the original design as possible.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Midcentury Modern Butterfly Roof House for Sale- 6355 Robinhood Dr.



Let me begin by stating that I am not a real estate agent nor am I getting a commission from the sale of this house.  This is a post from one midcentury aficionado to another about a unique midcentury modern house for sale.   We want to see this house be loved by someone just like the owners who once lived there (and we want decent neighbors in the neighborhood!) 

Ever since we moved into this neighborhood, we have been curious about the "butterfly" house at the entrance.  A few weeks ago I finally got a chance to satisfy my curiosity during an estate sale (and I was just a minute late from scoring a sweet cado wall unit).  My curiosity was satisfied, and I was impressed with what I saw.  It was very obvious to us that the homeowners really cared about their home.  

So unless a philanthropist comes out of the woodwork to purchase this house and donate it to our neighborhood association, we are hoping that the right person who appreciates this home for what it is will purchase it.  

Here is a link to the real estate listing, but be forewarned that the pictures do not do it justice.  You really need to go into the house to appreciate it for what it is.  


No comments:

Post a Comment