So LD called Deffenbaugh and arranged for a dumpster to be delivered. This one is half the size of the other.
Before we got started on our demolition, I thought I would capture the beauty of our bathroom. So without further ado I present to you our bathroom as it was right before we tore it apart. Peach tiled walls, yellow tub, paperclip tile accent wall, peach tiled floor, and a rust colored vanity with cultured marble yellow countertop. What were they thinking? The plastic sheeting over the accent wall was something we had to put up due to tiles popping off when we demolished the master bathroom tub (drywall was pretty much water damaged).
We started our demo on Saturday and managed to demo the walls and ceiling.
After seeing the 1 inch mortar (almost like poured concrete) underneath the tile in the floor, we decided to leave that for Sunday.
Our neighbor was kind enough to let us borrow his hammer drill and a large crowbar. In less than two hours all of the floor tile and the mortar bed were in the dumpster. I suited up and took out all the old insulation from the outer wall and the ceiling (fiberglass makes LD very itchy, so that was a job I had to tackle on my own).
All we had left to remove was our "beautiful" yellow tub. So last night, our friends Rollin and Jeannette came over to help us remove the tub from that tight space. It wasn't too bad. Rollin did most of the heavy lifting. He practically lifted it up with his little pinky!! I exaggerate, but it was scary when he lifted it up on its side (the short side so that it was straight up into the air). We had craft paper on the floor and several pieces of plywood to protect the cork, and used 2 piano dollies to move the thing. But it's done!!! It took more planning than the time it actually took to move it. But we did it safely and the house didn't get hurt either!