ROBIN HOOD'S HIDEAWAY

On April 15, 2008 we closed on a 1955 Mid-Century Modern home in Merriam, KS that was custom designed by the late Donald R. Hollis of Hollis + Miller Architects. We will be sharing our journey as we update the house to make it our own, while trying to stay as close to the original design as possible.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Little McBaine-Penn Vet Working Dog Center

I got a call yesterday from a friend who works for the Penn Vet Working Dog Center (http://pennvetwdc.org), University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine.  They will be naming one of their new puppies after my McBaine as part of their Puppy Program and their 9/11 Search and Rescue dog study! 


McBaine on the rubble-photo taken by Cathy Schiltz.

McBaine getting his medical check after our FEMA certification in 2000.

McBaine, "Jr.", is a field bred Springer Spaniel who will join their Program in January.  He was donated by Sharon Deputy from Breezy Hollow Spaniels in Fleetwood, PA.


And in the video below, the pups in his litter are going through their ophthalmology examine.  Can you tell which one is little Baine?

http://youtu.be/s-m-STHAXKQ

This is a great honor and wonderful birthday present.  Thanks PVWDC!  Good luck little Baine, I'll be keeping my eye on you!

3 comments:

  1. Hi LD and Delia,

    My partner J and I are "foster moms" for little McBaine, and if you're interested in peeking in on his first year, check out http://catvdog.wordpress.com. He's doing great, already nearly housebroken and getting used to riding in the car to "puppy school".

    He'll do the original McBaine's memory proud, I think! Thanks for your great work with search and rescue. --Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I'm so glad you are his parents! I just looked at your blog. It's funny that you say are a cat person - we always teased that our Baine was more cat than dog!!!!! We think he was raised by cats. :))

    Little Baine looks so intelligent-like his wheels are turning constantly and figuring things out. We look forward to reading your blog. I can't wait to meet you and Baine!

    We've got you all on our blog list now, so we can see how he's doing. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am the breeder of McBaine. I am so proud what he is doing. I have dogs that have won Best in Show, won the Breed at Westminster, but what McBaine does has made me the most proud as a breeder

    ReplyDelete