Our next mini-project was to replace the leaking water heater pressure relief valve. I had noticed that the pressure relief valve had been leaking for the last couple of weeks, but LD thought it had been doing it since we purchased the house. If it had, it must have been so slow of a leak that I never noticed. This weekend we replaced the pressure relief valve (thanks to some helpful advice from Lee and Steve). The new pressure relief valve stopped the leak, but we were not thrilled to find sediment deposits on the old valve. This means we will probably be replacing the water heater in the very near future.
Well being in the messy utility room finally got us to organize it. Unfortunately, I didn't take any before pictures, but just imagine all the things in the shelving unit pretty much spread all over the floor. Our handyman, Steve, can sure attest to how bad it was. It only took us a couple of hours one evening to get the shelf assembled and get everything off the ground.
The mahogany doors in the photo will be going to Habitat ReStore as soon as the weather improves (assuming they can fit in my car).