ROBIN HOOD'S HIDEAWAY

On April 15, 2008 we closed on a 1955 Mid-Century Modern home in Merriam, KS that was custom designed by the late Donald R. Hollis of Hollis + Miller Architects. We will be sharing our journey as we update the house to make it our own, while trying to stay as close to the original design as possible.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's Starting to Look Like a Bathroom Again!

Well we have been busy since our last post, and our efforts are starting to pay off.

I did not have any luck finding a seller with a small section of Kerdi locally, but I did find it online by the square foot.  After I placed my order, however, the company told me it was back ordered.  Not knowing how much of a wait that would be, I emailed the company and told them to cancel my order.  I then started searching Craigslist, and found someone in Columbia who happened to be selling a Kerdi drain.  Wishfully thinking, I contacted him and asked if he had any leftover Kerdi fabric that he would sell to me.  Luckily he did, and I picked it up last Saturday.  On Sunday we went to work and finished the last of our Kerdi install.


On Wednesday evening we installed the first two rows of tile.


On Veteran's Day we finished setting the tile, and we grouted today.  In 3 days, we'll be ready to seal!



At first we were planning on painting the bathroom gray, but we could not find the right shade of gray and finally decided that we did not really want to walk into a gray bathroom.  So we picked up a few more paint chips. 


We finally decided on Home Depot's no VOC Freshaire's "Still Moment". 


I have to wait for a warm day to finish priming and painting the windows.  Our next immediate steps are to purchase and install baseboards, and reinstall the toilet.  

1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful!!! We have fought the grey colors on and off for 10 years. We gave up in our last condo because everything looked like an elephant or a prison cell. I now have a bag of 60 different grey samples in my basement!

    Can't wait to see the finished pictures.

    Lesley @ midmodredo.com

    ReplyDelete