ROBIN HOOD'S HIDEAWAY

On April 15, 2008 we closed on a 1955 Mid-Century Modern home in Merriam, KS that was custom designed by the late Donald R. Hollis of Hollis + Miller Architects. We will be sharing our journey as we update the house to make it our own, while trying to stay as close to the original design as possible.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Feeding The Fire Monster!


We are happy to report that our brush pile is finally gone!  We spent nearly 6 hours yesterday feeding the fire monster.  I was quite exhausted, but LD saw the end in sight and her energy gave me a second wind.


While LD and I were busy with the fire, our handyman was hard at work reconfiguring the plumbing to accommodate our new shower valve, hooking up the drain in our sink, installing new can lights, and replacing the toilet water supply line.


Our next step is to construct the shower pan.  Instead of trying to build a mud pan from scratch, we have decided to use a Kerdi shower kit.  I placed the order last Friday, but unfortunately I found out on Monday that the company is at least two weeks behind in shipping orders due to a supply issue.  I tried buying the kit locally, but the price quote I got was $150 more.  I am all about buying local, but not when there is such a huge price difference.  So I will just have to wait patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment